Top Ten Tips for Screen Printers
A FEW TIPS THAT WORK FOR ME...
1. Keep your water tepid when washing out screens.
2. Use a cool down station or chiller plate when flashing.
3. Wipe up any splattered ink immediately.
4. Do a wash test on big orders.
5. Collect at least 50% down on an order.
6. Use plenty of platen adhesive for sweats.
7. Keep tension tight on your screens.
8. Meet your deadlines.
9. Advertise in good and bad times.
10. Keep a record of ink and shirt colors for customers.
Screen printer from New Jersey
As a screen printer, are you familiar with the coating stroke? It is sometimes possible to eliminate flash curing on certain dark shirt orders. Think of how much time you can save if this technique will work for the job you may be printing.
The mastery of an effective "coating" stroke may take some practice and will not work with all inks and every type of artwork or mesh count. But if you are able to use it on the job you are printing it could save you valuable time.
This tutorial shows a series of photos that shows how you can print a (3) color job using just (2) screens.
By taping down a simple cardboard “divider” on the “red/orange” screen to keep the ink colors separated and using 2 separate squeegees, it is an easy task.
Any time you can save burning and printing a screen is a bonus for the printer.
The photos tell the story…