When owners and managers of screen printing businesses have a job opening in their art department, they often have difficulty finding qualified applicants. Entry level graphic artists typically do not have the specific graphics art training that is required for screen printing.
Moreover, most experienced graphic artists have the creative talent for artwork design but lack the specific knowledge and/or training to produce and prepare art for production in a screen printing shop. To fill this need, American Screen Printing Association has developed the Certified Graphic Artist—Screen Printing (CGA-SP) certification program.
Our graphics artist certification program consists of 5 elements:
- ASPA Certified Graphic Artist-Screen Printing (CGA-SP) Study Guide which prepares the individual for the CGA-SP exam.
- The ASPA Certified Graphic Artist—Screen Printing (CGA-SP) competency examination (taken online).
- ASPA Certificate of Achievement. Awarded to each individual who successfully passes the CGA-SP examination.
- A Letter of Introduction from ASPA to prospective employers to help individuals secure employment.
- How to Get a Job in Screen Printing (downloadable PDF E-book).
Each competency exam is personally reviewed and graded by our staff. The goal of our program is to help screen printing business owners find qualified art department employees and help graphic artists obtain employment in the field of screen printing.
The ASPA Certified Graphic Artist-Screen Printing Program is available to individuals and students worldwide. If you are a school and want to offer the graphic artist-screen printing certification program to your students, contact ASPA. We can offer you payment by invoice for your entire class.